There are many SEO plugins in WordPress repository. Not all of them are good, but few are. Yoast wordpress SEO and All in one Seo Pack are prominent. Before Yoast, All in one SEO pack was the best and dreamy seo plugins. Then Yoast came and won everything with its few extra features that we didn’t see coming. Although both plugins are updated to latest Google Algorithm.
Joost de Valk’s Yoast SEO Started operation in 2008. This plugin is written from the ground up by Joost de Valk and his team at Yoast to improve your site’s SEO on all needed aspects. While this Yoast SEO plugin goes the extra mile to take care of all the technical optimization, more on that below, it first and foremost helps you write better content. Yoast SEO forces you to choose a focus keyword when you’re writing your articles, and then makes sure you use that focus keyword everywhere. It provides few features and ideas we never know. Like some green light indicator based on your Contents, meta description and focus keywords. It also checks the HTML title tags, contents words, stop words everything.
- Page Analysis
- Technical WordPress Search Engine Optimization
- Meta & Link Elements
- XML Sitemaps
- RSS Optimization
- Breadcrumbs for other frameworks
- Social Integration
- Multi-Site Compatible
- Import & Export functionality
- Import functionality for other WordPress SEO plugins
- Yoast SEO Plugin in different languages
All in One SEO Pack
The most downloaded plugin for WordPress (almost 30 million downloads). To optimize search engine this plugins automatically notify top search engines when your post has been published.
- XML Sitemap support – submit your sitemap to Google and Bing and improve your SEO
- Google Analytics support
- Support for SEO on Custom Post Types
- Advanced Canonical URLs
- Automatically notifies search engines like Google and Bing about changes to your site
- Built-in API so other plugins/themes can access and extend functionality
- ONLY free plugin to provide SEO Integration for e-Commerce sites, including WooCommerce
- Nonce Security built into All in One SEO Pack
- Support for CMS-style WordPress installations
- Automatically optimizes your titles for Google and other search engines
- Generates META tags automatically
- Avoids the typical duplicate content found on WordPress blogs
- For beginners, you don’t even have to look at the options, it works out-of-the-box. Just install.
- For advanced users, you can fine-tune everything to optimize your SEO
- You can override any title and set any META description and any META keywords you want.
- Compatibility with many other plugins
- Translated into 57 languages
Bottom line: I used All in one SEO pack back in 2010 to 2013. It was great. But when Yoast improved their plugins, then I went to that. And till today I am using Yoast. It is great. One thing I don’t like in yoast is their XML sitemaps. I disable it generally and install another plugins called “Google XML sitemaps” It’s awesome.